IIUC, the discussion was about compiling LibreOffice master when ...

Quoting "Markus Mohrhard" <markus.mohrhard@googlemail.com>:
You need at least gcc 4.7, we are even moving to gcc 4.8 but I'm not sure
if we already require any feature that is only in 4.8.

It happens that as a user of debian-wheezy, which supplies gcc 4.7.2,
I can sadly report that several .cxx files within LibreOffice provoke
the compiler to complain ...

    internal compiler error: Segmentation fault.  Please submit a full
    bug report ...

At least some of the failing source lines had a OUStringLiteral
parameterized by a static const sal_Unicode.

My solution was to build gcc 5.2.0 from source and to this and its
libraries to build LibreOffice.  To run the program in wheezy, I need
to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find the 5.2.0 libraries.

Additionally, include/canvas/propertysethelper.hxx:52 provoked
gcc 4.7.2 to say ...

    error: '<::' cannot begin a template-argument list

HTH,
Terry.