Am 06.10.2015 um 23:51 schrieb Richard Wordingham:
On Sunday I raised bug report 94753 about the apparent generation of
lone surrogates in response to the use of Keyman for Linux under ibus
as the input method editor. I have compiled Version 4.4.4.3.0+ with
debug to facilitate my investigation; I think my compiler (gcc Version
4.6.3) is too old to compile Version 5.0, which is where I noticed the
problem.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 with the default desktop.

I guess you're running Kubuntu 12.04, as you talk about KDE in this post.

LO 5.0 builds just fine in Precise / 12.04. See
https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ubuntu/ppa?field.series_filter=precise
for newer packages.

There is also a 12.04 / precise Tinderbox building the libreoffice-5-0
branch with kde4:
http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/libreoffice-5-0/status.html

The IME is KMfL running under ibus.

We also had problems with Qt4 / all KDE applications and ibus. At the
end we backported the 14.04 / trusty version of fcitx and use this
currently :-(

Jan-Marek