On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 14:26 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 10/08/2015 11:20 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
    But then - the way that calc re-calculates is neither trivial, nor
extremely susceptible to - "split the loop invariant out" - there is
some deeply nested recursive goodness called from several places going
on =) So - hopefully this listener provides a better solution.

Hm, my answer would have been:  "Make sure in the Calc code to determine
the configuration's UseOpenCL setting at most once per whatever
top-level (GUI or API) stimulus triggers such re-calculation."

        Sure =) problem is there is no simple, easy, clean way to do that for
API based configuration changes; hence the wrapper =)

 (A presumed benefit of that approach would be that all parts of such a
re-calculation would consistently use the same UseOpenCL value.)

        Sure.

I've lost you here.  What would we want to have readonly?

        Tor's interesting idea was to compile the config hierarchy into a set
of global state that could be read as such. So a boolean would literally
be stored as a (readonly) 'bool' - and the UNO API & read/write would
sit on top of that. At least that's what I was commenting on =)
personally not convinced its that easy to do.

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
 michael.meeks@collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot