On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 09:58:34AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
How can master always work, if, as you said yourself, not all developers
can test all configs, what makes you think there WOULD magically exist
tinderbox slaves for all configs then?

Right. Its unavoidable that there might be a breaker on some obscure build
configuration. Those things exist -- but they are not that common. However,
it _is_ avoidable that there are breakers on the canonical builders for the
main platforms (OSX, Windows, Linux) that we use for CI. So asking for master
to always be green for these -- and thus not breaking CI for everyone is not
utopic at all.

If it is very important to someone to support some uncommon build scenario,
there is a way to get that: Add a CI-enabled tinderbox. However, that is not
the most urgent thing at hand right now.

Right now, the important and achievable goal is to get master to be always
green for our CI-builders. Like in any sane project of this century.

Best,

Bjoern