On 11.06.2015 08:44, David Ostrovsky wrote:
Nothing causes more pain, frustration and disappointment than
unfulfilled expectations.

I expect that master is always green. My definition of green is:

  $ make check

with --enable-werror is passing on all three platforms: Linux|Mac|Win
64.

I thought that the same expectation is _consensus_ among core LO
developers. My definition of core LO developers: payed developer who is
working full time on LO.

at least with regard to tests passing, i certainly expect that, and
complain on IRC whenever the current master doesn't meet my expectation.
 but i guess i should revert commits that break tests more often and
earlier than i currently do...

warnings are a bit less of an issue for me since they are usually
trivial to fix, and you really have to use CI to check them on every
platform.

So as master was broken again (my definition of broken is compiling
and/or linking was broken on some platforms, not to mention passing of
tests) I entered #libreoffice-dev channel on freenode and asked:

_david_: "Master is broken again. Is that too much to expect that the
master is green?"

One of LO core developers (see my definition of "core developers" above)
answered:

_lo_core_developer_: "Yes, it's. The purpose of master is to be always
broken."

let me guess... the core developer was a certain Finnish guy with a
certain reputation for sarcastic remarks?