On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 18:01 +0200, Jan Rheinländer wrote:
Sorry I forgot to copy this to the list.
---
Hi Markus,

thanks for the quick answer.

1. How much work is it to expose the new dialog code? Can you give me
a short sketch of what that means?

2. If I install the LO source code, wouldn't it be possible to access
the VclBuilder class even though it is not in the API? From my
(inexperienced) point of view I would think to just reference some LO
include files. The libraries would be linked in already anway. I know
that isn't a "clean" way of doing it, but probably a lot shorter than (1)

In extensions you work with stuff like com.sun.star.awt.XButtons while
in vcl you work with PushButton so it wouldn't be useful to expose the
current VclBuilder stuff as it is now cause it works with vcl widgets
and not the 1000yard higher abstracted-to-death uno api.

I haven't really looked into it, but probably in practice you'd have to
end up abstracting the current vcl builder and vcl layout stuff and
provide two backends for the builder, a simple vcl-widget one and
another uno-widget one and create new uno wrapper for the layout widgets
to go alongside the existing ones.

C.