On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:56:17AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 00:50 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:

    Of course - I'd love to have some feedback on my sanity - quite
possibly this is utterly crazy; quite possibly there are 3x easier &
better ways to achieve the same thing (?) =)

See above - I might miss the broader picture, but I think easiest
would be direct embedding of the graphic. Would also solve your bitmap
question.

      Fair cop. Of course the problem is really a bit larger than this
though: we want to be able to have 'field' or other equivalent
functionality that lets people easily automate / populate QR codes via
scripting / database'y bits (I guess).

That sounds useful indeed. From the user's POV it would come as a "QR
code" form control, I presume?

--
Lionel