UNSUBSCRIBE

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Jens Tröger <jens.troeger@light-speed.de>
wrote:

Thank you, Miklos,

Using

  autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
  automake (GNU automake) 1.14.1

still gives that same error

  configure.ac:111: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_CHECKING
        If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
        See the Autoconf documentation.

Should I use 1.13.4 exactly?

autoconf-2.69 works fine for me. Note that we do not require automake
for building LO (when patching externals, we intentionally patch
Makefile.in files as well when patching Makefile.ams to avoid this
dependency). Maybe check with your distro what can be the problem?

AC_MSG_CHECKING is probably used in every configure.ac, in LO's case,
it's used 300+ times, so it's not a corner-case. ;-)

Here is my autoconf:

  libreoffice-4.3.5.2 > autoconf --version
  autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69

The source tree is the official tar unpacked, fresh and virgin without
any modifications.  Here's what happens:

  libreoffice-4.3.5.2 > ./autogen.sh --without-java --enable-headless
--with-theme=no
  configure.ac:111: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_CHECKING
        If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
        See the Autoconf documentation.
  configure.ac:117: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
  configure.ac:217: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
  configure.ac:287: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
  configure.ac:3426: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LANG_SOURCE
  configure.ac:3928: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LANG_PUSH
  configure.ac:3941: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LANG_POP
  configure.ac:8175: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_RUN_IFELSE
  Failed to run autoconf at ./autogen.sh line 157.

This is on a Gentoo Linux system.  I am not sure what that error message
means, and looking up "m4_pattern_allow" I found this note:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2010-01/msg00050.html

Do you know what's happening here?
Jens

--