Hi Miklos,

The source tree is the official tar unpacked, fresh and virgin without
any modifications.  Here's what happens:

  libreoffice-4.3.5.2 > ./autogen.sh --without-java --enable-headless --with-theme=no

Are you sure you need --enable-headless? If you want to do headless
conversion of documents, then you need the --headless runtime option, no
custom build switches.

I'm running on a server which has no X libraries installed.  I noticed
that running LO locally on my Mac for a document conversion takes about
5 seconds, on the server it took almost 3 minutes.  My suspicion was
that the X output got in the way, causing slowdown.  That's why I wanted
to build a LO without any of the X overhead...  but that seems to be
difficult already.  (No, LO is not a debug build :-))

BTW, a similar failure happens for older versions of LO as well:

  libreoffice-4.1.6.2 > ./autogen.sh --without-java --enable-headless --with-theme=no
  configure.ac:2113: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
        See the Autoconf documentation.
  Failed to run autoconf at ./autogen.sh line 176.

Please ask the Gentoo guys, the same autoconf version is fine here e.g.
on openSUSE, so it seems your problem is somewhat Gentoo-specific.

Ok, I'll post in their forums and see what comes up.

Jens

--
Jens Tröger
http://savage.light-speed.de/