a quick hint, since I stumbled over this:

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 04:29:41PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
    + HackFest 'pack' / box / Virtual Machines / etc. ?
        + Still have hardware to try out (Bjoern)
            + can bring to Paris - some quadro / quad CPU thingit
              (TDF-owned Sun Ultra 24 with Q9650)
            + if we buy new hardware: something like tinderboxes
              we have or ...
            + alternatives (from ebay):
                + refurbished HP DL165 with 24 cores at 1.5K EUR at 1HU/15kg
                + refurbished Lenovo W520s at ~1K EUR each (and plane-suitable)
        + total cost sub Eur 5k

Also note these newfangled NUCs like the ZBOX IQ01:

http://www.zotac.com/products/mini-pcs/zbox/product/zbox/detail/zbox-iq01/sort/starttime/order/DESC/amount/10/section/specifications.html

Intel i7-4770T, easy to transport, price currently ~600EUR with 16GB RAM.

        + happy to have it at his place as a tinderbox the rest of
          the time (Kendy)

Still, the Ultra 24 we own has to go first ...

Best,

Bjoern