Le Fri, 06 Dec 2013 22:31:53 +0100, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson@gmail.com> a écrit:

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Mat M <matm@gmx.fr> wrote:
You should have cross-posted the vote announcement on all concerned
lists,
then you'd been more votes.

What are the 'concerned lists'? i10n? projects? website?  Lots of
people interact with the bugtracker, chief among them, the QA team.

Well, I second on Norbert thoughts, and I was just saying, that, if you go for a vote, an announcement to the whole bunch of lists might have brought people in, like enlightning Norbert's views.

For me, the abbreviation is just one small part of the bigger Bugzilla
migration plan:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/LibreOffice_Bugzilla_Proposal

The reason we're having a vote now is because
Nov 8 - I mentioned abbreviation in the proposal
Nov 10/11 - Discussed abbrevs on the QA list
Nov 18 - QA Meeting decided to ask ESC for input
Nov 21 - ESC offered suggestions; said "the guys doing the work should
choose."
Nov 21 - Looked for consensus on QA list
Dec 1 - Saw no consensus; Moving to vote on the QA list

I felt like I was working hard to go through appropriate channels.
Perhaps if I'd spent more time I could've gotten more input from other
groups, but at this point I feel like I've already spent a ton of time
on just this one little piece.

You worked hard, and that was appreciated, don't misunderstand me. But if you don't find a consensus on the QA list, you might ask for wider
audience, so my remark. Not a critic in any way.
You did your best and we ackowledge that.
FWIW, I also appreciate all the bug metrics and follow-up QA provides, it is very nice and useful.

Well, if you want to mimic fdo, abbrev should be loo (libreoffice.org
instead of freedesktop.org)
loo is a good trade-off : more than 2, but less than 4; different of the
standard lo we use to shortcut LibreOffice

IIRC, in en-GB 'loo' == toilet
Well, I didn't check and that was more of a friday's troll than a real
proposal.

(not that there aren't any piss-poor bug reports in FDO right now...)
;-)

BTW, I vote also for lo#

ok -- vote recorded.

If the devs really want lo#, just send in enough people to vote and
the outcome will be certain.

--R
brace yourselves, lo# is coming

Mat

---
Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection
avast! Antivirus est active.