On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 12:49 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
        If this is the case, should we not check & enforce that inside
configure.ac for windows ? also - it worked for me until rather
recently, so I've no idea what changed :-)

How old was your last Windows build?

My Windows build had a very bizarre problem in openssl which I couldn't
solve.  First, make was aborting on assert error (I use our own
make-3.82-gbuild), so I re-built make with NDEBUG defined).  Then make
started aborting on fork.  It was all after re-running of configure and
make clean.

Then I decided to delete configure.lastrun (or whatever the real name
may be since I say this from memory), and all these weird issues
disappeared.

Kohei