On 05/30/2013 06:21 PM, Noel Power wrote:
oox::xls::OOXMLFormulaParser, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.FormulaParser"

is erroneously listed in sc/util/scfilt.component but not included in
scfilt_component_getFactory (sc/source/filter/excel/xestream.cxx); its
implementation got initially moved to the scfilt library, but has
since been removed as it was unreferenced.
intentional ( at least from me ) I doubt we want to do formula parsing
over uno ( I think Kohei would agree )
But whats the question here? are there still references to these strings
( in some registry file or something ) or are you just wondering why
they disappeared ( hopefully entirely )

The problem is that sc/util/scfilt.component claims that the scfilt library contains an implementation of the com.sun.star.sheet.FilterFormulaParser service with implementation name "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.FormulaParser", but scfilt_component_getFactory does not actually support it.

The ScParserFactoryMap ctor (sc/source/core/tool/formulaparserpool.cxx) iterates over all known implementations of the com.sun.star.sheet.FilterFormulaParser service and tries to instantiate each one. It fails for this non-exisiting implementation (which also appears to be the only one), but that is silently ignored through a local try--catch.

I have no idea whether or not that effectively empty list of FilterFormulaParser implementations in the ScParserFactoryMap ctor is a problem or not, as I have not found a way to trigger that code, and neither Moggi nor Kohei new exactly how to do that either. I'm putting Eike on cc, maybe he can shed some light once he's back from vacation.

Anyway, if that OOXMLFormulaParser implementation should be gone for good, the dangling reference to it should be remove from sc/util/scfilt.component.

Stephan