On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 12:49:03PM +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:

On Thursday, 2013-05-16 16:25:40 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

     + double check Lionel's list-box / API change (Eike)

Done. The two properties added to
com.sun.star.form.component.DataBaseListBox are marked optional which
doesn't harm existing clients.

I did that on advice of ... Michael Stahl? ... on IRC to shut up the
"incompatible API change" error the build was giving me.

My understanding was that this was for the benefit of putative
existing *providers* of this service, that since the properties are
optional, we did not change the requirements under their feet and they
still conform to the service specification.

I don't understand how the properties being not optional would harm
*clients* (users of the service): clients written against the old
specification would simply not use the new properties, would they?

I toyed with the idea of adding a
com.sun.star.form.component.DataBaseListBox2 that makes them
non-optional so that users can be assured to have those properties,
but in the end I did not bother, and now we are past the 4.1 new
feature freeze.

--
Lionel