On 20/04/13 23:34, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 08:12:43AM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

Context: (Data)Forms and their elements (controls).

PROBLEM 2: Frame-Controller-Model paradigm as applied to Form elements

Frame elements seem to have a b0rken implementation of the
Frame-Controller-Model paradigm.

I now understand the system, more or less. Actually, they implement a
*different* paradigm, the "Model / View" paradigm, described at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Forms/Models_and_Views_for_Form_Controls

surely an office suite cannot use the same model - view paradigm
consistently everywhere, that would make things far too easy to
understand.  the success of C++ clearly shows that half-assed support of
multiple paradigms is the way to go.

The model does not know its views, *but* the upper level document (the
SwXTextView) has an API that takes a model and returns the
corresponding view (control); see
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Forms/Form_Layer_Views#Locating_Controls

hmm at least it was documented somewhere...

 Also, do we have our fork of the
OpenOffice.org Developer's Guide?

we don't.  AFAIK this is the only resource where we rely on AOO
currently.  which is a problem since it'd probably considered bad
manners if we edited that to document features that don't exist in AOO.

clearly it would be a good idea to import this thing into some TDF Wiki.