      The bit that should include expat is:

      -I$O/inc/external/expat

      Where $O=/home/w.donkers/git/libo/solver/unxlngi6

      Do you really not have an expat.h in there ? I do :-)

No, I don't :-(

      You said:

The file expat.h does exist in lots of locations:

./solver/unxlngi6.pro/inc/external/expat.h

      I guess the difference being a .pro extension that has got lost from
your $S/ somewhere / somehow ?

      Did you somehow trigger some non-product build or other legacy
horror by mistake ? :-)

I might have triggered some horror by mistake, sure, sometimes I'm good at making mistakes :-)

I have tried various changes, manually copying files, etc,, but now have taken the drastic step of
removing the entire codebase locally (I didn't have own branches in this machine) and cloning a new
local repository. That must help (and cleanup obsolete mess as a bonus). Donw side is that this
will take at least 24 hours, it's a slow machine.

Thank you for your help and suggestions! (_no_ ironic meaning)

Winfried