On Sat, 2013-03-09 at 23:39 +0100, David Ostrovsky wrote:
You are a funny one ;-)
First you are starting that project on write only language and then
looking for a mantainer??? ;-)

        Hah ;-) seems you defeated the write-only language at the first attempt
however; nice work.

so we have now manual page with developer guide, just try
bin/module-deps.pl --man

        Beautiful - all the changes look great.

As Stephan pointed out we have "include only" dependencies that we
should take care of. Anyway now we have something that start to make sense:

http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.png
http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.graphviz

        Nice - then again, it looks a little different ( I rather preferred the
library graph - it seemed simpler - can we have an option to print that
out as well ?).

        One thing I noticed in this graph was (perhaps as an artifact of it's
production), that the raft of pure UNO components depending on just
comphelper seems to have mostly gone ;-) which IMHO confuses the
picture; some oddnesses: eg. 'UnoXML' depends on sax and comphelper -
but sax depends on comphelper itself - look like they may point to some
redundant linkages (?).

        I suspect that if we instead of do the create_lib_module_map higher up:

        my $tree = clean_tree($deps)
        my $reduced_tree;
        if ($arg_dump_modules) {
                $reduced_tree = collapse_libs_to_modules($tree);
        } else {
                $reduced_tree = $tree;
        }
        prune_redundant_deps($reduced_tree);
        dump_graphviz($reduced_tree);

        Where the collapse_libs_to_modules would just build a new list of
collapsed module nodes from the library ones - renaming each of the
library deps as it went.

        Then we might get a more precise redundancy pruning & hence prettier /
more minimal graph again. There are other examples of deps that jump out
eg. slideshow->cppcanvas->canvas and also direct ->canvas etc.

Let me print it on say 2-3 meters and bring it to the next Hackfest/LO
Congress ;-)

        Quite ! it's starting to look rather sexy.

        Having said that if someone can create the graphviz fragment that would
group lots of modules eg. animations, binaryurp, io, desktopbe1 etc.
into a single vertically listed meta-module - then I'd be happy to
collapse the horizontal width to aid readability with that.

        Anyhow,

        Thanks David !

                Michael.