Hi Michael,

On 06.03.2013 11:40, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi David,

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 08:08 +0100, David Ostrovsky wrote:
(a) you named it module-deps, but it is library-deps for now.
True of course; feel free to rename it to your taste :-) it sounds like
the tool has a new maintainer in it's first day - which is great: I
signed up only for a prototype :-)
You are a funny one
;-)
First you are starting that project on write only language and then looking for a mantainer???
;-)

  Well may be we want library-deps too, but to be a module dep it
should induce module name from the library name.
done ;-)
Here i was really surprised how perfect our naming convention is:
only 11 libs couldn't be induced automagically:

warn: no module for lib found: [PresenterScreen,SunPresentationMinimizer,
desktopbe1,gcc3_uno,gconfbe1,localebe1,qstart_gtk,soffice_bin,
testtools_bridgetest,testtools_constructors,testtools_cppobj]

All other libs just worked.

        Sure - as you say, that's not too hard to do; we could collapse the
existing graph quite nicely and quickly to get the deps out of it; and
produce something even neater and more readable :-) Of course, adding
more parameters and options to the script would be nice - the need to
call it via the Makefile to get the environment setup is not that cool
for extensibility I think.
done  ;-)
so we have now manual page with developer guide, just try

bin/module-deps.pl --man

and other usefull options:

    --help
    --verbose
    --version
    --from-file
    --to-file
    --output

(b) some subtle differencies to hand made dmake build module dependency
list:
        Ah - well, it's always nice to find bugs :-)

As Stephan pointed out we have "include only" dependencies that we should take care of.
Anyway now we have something that start to make sense:

http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.png
http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.graphviz

As always, master has the latest...
Let me print it on say 2-3 meters and bring it to the next Hackfest/LO Congress ;-)

David