Hello,

Il 19/12/2012 14:02, Stephan Bergmann ha scritto:
On 12/18/2012 11:55 PM, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
Il 18/12/2012 09:42, Stephan Bergmann ha scritto:
On 12/17/2012 09:15 PM, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
i've refreshed my patch for adding possibility to send SAL_*
messages to
syslog. I have two issues:
- am not able to send the ENABLE_SYSLOG definition down to
sal/osl/unx/salinit.cxx

You need to add it to config_host.mk.in to have it visible in
solenv/gbuild/gbuild.mk (or use the newly introduced mechanism of adding
a config/config_*.h that you then include in sal/osl/unx/salinit.cxx,
removing the change from solenv/gbuild/gbuild.mk again).

I've taken the approach suggested by Tor

...in which case you no longer need the change to config_host.mk.in

ok, removed the change. Now that we are mostly done will rebase and post a new version to gerrit

- if i add calls to SAL_INFO in vcl/headless/headlessinst.cxx like, i
see the fprintf but i don't see the SAL_INFO one. Tried with SAL_WARN,
same result.

Did you configure --enable-dbgutil or at least --enable-debug?

No and that was one of the causes of not seeing them :) why this SAL
messages are shown only on debug build?

This was mainly done because the mechanisms that sal/log.hxx replaces
(osl/diagnose.h) did it the same way. Making the logging mechanism is
also available in production builds has been discussed on and off, and I
guess one day we'll just make it happen. (The biggest fear is probably
performance slowdown.)

Thanks for the explanation, don't want to open a pandora jar anyway built with --enable-dbgutil works fine.

Dec 19 15:11:22 dexter libreoffice: vcl:31751:1:/home/rm/src/libo/vcl/headless/headlessinst.cxx:45: ciao

thanks a lot for review time!

riccardo