Small problems:
 - compiler warnings from within boost

We need to patch them out otherwise the Werror build will fail. It
seems that these warnings are also fixed upstream.

This really confuses me. The warnings I'm getting are of the form

 ...boost/random/binomial_distribution.hpp:47:5: warning:
 declaration of 'p' shadows a member of 'this' [-Wshadow]

I'm also getting similar warnings even with boost 1.52, however only
if boost resides in a non-standard directory. Linking boost to

 /usr/local/include

and using -I/usr/local/include makes all the -Wshadow warnings
disappear.

Don't know if you can confirm this but this is beyond me:

# ln -s .../core/solver/unxlngx6.pro/inc/external/boost /usr/local/include
# ln -s .../core/solver/unxlngx6.pro/inc/external/boost /tmp/include

$ cd .../core/sc/source/core/tool
$ g++ -Wall -Wshadow -c random.cxx -I/tmp/include
... [warnings] ...

$ g++ -Wall -Wshadow -c random.cxx -I/usr/local/include
[no warning]

Just a few more comments about the patch. We need to ifdef all unused
methods in random.[ch]xx otherwise they will be removed in nearly no
time. We are removing unused functions to clean the codebase. Please
also don't leave old code commented, we have git for code history so
we don't need to keep all code as comments. Before I'll push the
change with these modifications I'll check with a big file containing
a lot of RANDOM functions to check that we are not introducing a
performance regression.

Yes, thanks, that makes sense.
I hope it speeds up slightly...