On 11/23/2012 03:36 AM, Mat M wrote:
What about MinGW when building this ab driver ? Should I use WNT zips ?

With "zips" you mean the prebuilt deliverables from module moz that LO's configure machinery can download from <http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/mozilla/> (see MOZ_ZIP_* in ooo.lst.in), to avoid having to build module moz?

I'm not sure producing the relevant zips for MinGW has ever been exercised by anybody (there are at least none at <http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/mozilla/>), or whether building module moz on MinGW actually works at all. (What I'm pretty sure does /not/ work is to use the WNTMSCII*.zip files for MinGW.)

If yes, how do we mark as deprecated the other ones ?

What do you mean with "other ones"?  Deprecating what where?

Based on the fact we do not build moz now, can someone confirm we could
remove moz/makefile.mk with ooo_mozab and keep moz/zipped/makefile.mk
with moz_unzip ?

If we continue to need the deliverables from module moz on some platform (as we do for Windows), I would strongly suggest to keep the machinery working that allows to produce those deliverables by actually building module moz from scratch (i.e., the moz/makefile.mk part). The ability to shortcut building module moz by using prebuilt deliverables (i.e., the moz/zipped/makefile.mk part) is for the convenience of people building LO, but it should IMO be strongly considered secondary to building from scratch. (After all, if we remove the ability to build from scratch, we are doomed with rotting zips that we can't regenerate when need comes.)

 From the Stephan's mail, I conclude --with-system-* are restricted to
_os != WINNT or _host_os != cygwin.
That I was not aware.

To clarify, I did not mean to imply that --with-system-* must not be used for Windows. I just tried to explain why many of those switches likely don't work there and nobody bothers.

Stephan