Hello

Le Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:46:43 +0100, <d.ostrovsky@idaia.de> a écrit:

Quoting Mat M <matm@gmx.fr>:

Le Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:33:20 +0100, <d.ostrovsky@idaia.de> a écrit:

Quoting Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com>:

Further clean-up of all the Mozilla-related configure switches (--enable-mozilla, --disable-build-mozilla, --with-mozilla-toolkit, --with-system-mozilla, --with-mozilla-build) and config_host.mk.in variables (BUILD_MOZAB, DEFAULT_MOZILLA_TOOLKIT, MOZILLABUILD, MOZILLA_VRESION, MOZ_FLAVOUR, MOZ_INC, MOZ_LIB, MOZ_LIB_XPCOM, PREBUILD_MOZAB, SYSTEM_MOZILLA, WITH_MOZILLA), which should all now be relevant for Windows only, is highly appreciated.

the only option that would stay forever (even after dropping the whole mozilla mess from the build tree) is --with-mozilla-build. It is used for nss to provide some build tools. I suggest to rename this option to --with-nss-build or something like that (without name mozilla in it).

Am going for it.
thank you for helping out with this!

--enable-mozilla now means enable mozilla address book driver on windows
i suggest to rename it to --enable-mozab-driver-on-windows or something like that. It shouldn't be possible to enable this option on non-Windows platforms.

--enable-win-mozab-driver : as for all options you could set it, but it is ignored on _os != WINNT
=> so you get either none or internal

What about MinGW when building this ab driver ? Should I use WNT zips ? If yes, how do we mark as deprecated the other ones ?

Based on the fact we do not build moz now, can someone confirm we could remove moz/makefile.mk with ooo_mozab and keep moz/zipped/makefile.mk with moz_unzip ?

--with-mozilla-build will be renamed to --with-nss-build
may be --with-nss-toolbox or --with-nss-build-tools would be more clear?

--with-nss-build is required on windows if --enable-mozilla is on and --with-system-nss is off.
As Stephan pointed out these options are unrelated.
--with-nss-build (aka --with-nss-toolbox, aka --with-mozilla-build) is always mandatoy.

From the Stephan's mail, I conclude --with-system-* are restricted to _os != WINNT or _host_os != cygwin.
That I was not aware.

Other switches and related variables will be cleaned.

if i am not missing something, we could safely remove all other mozilla related options: we don't support system-mozilla here, even not on MinGW, only in tree seamonkey is supported. And AFAIK we also don't use prebuilt seamonkey on Windows release machine, right?

I already started.

Cleaning makefiles, still....

Regards
--