On 09/09/12 11:41, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
Il 09/09/2012 08:44, Tor Lillqvist ha scritto:

Now, clearly on OS X or Windows there is then no benefit at all in a LO
built with --enable-headless, as the GUI bits of the OS are not "optional"
and always present.

I agree, but being ingenuous i thought that OS X would be enough unix we
can build the headless vcl code instead of the aqua code. Building
something you can install with brew / macports / whatever.

well there are some things that are probably done in a system dependent
manner that are quite important, such as enumerating and accessing
system fonts (possibly even rendering fonts, though i don't actually
anything about VCL so will stop speculating here).

But really if
that would require lot of time and pain i'll just add an error in
configure for these platforms.

that sounds like a good approach :)

(That the --headless LO option, which is not related to the
--enable-headless configure option, might not work on the Mac, is another
thing. Having that fixed would be good.)

I don't think i have even tried that :)

it would be really good if somebody fixed that on Mac, as currently lots
of unit tests are disabled on Mac because they pop up annoying windows;
would be great if we could run these on Mac as well.