Hello,

Il 05/09/2012 19:20, Riccardo Magliocchetti ha scritto:
Il 05/09/2012 16:03, Riccardo Magliocchetti ha scritto:
Hello,

Il 05/09/2012 15:55, Stephan Bergmann ha scritto:
On 09/05/2012 03:50 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 05/09/12 15:40, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
I'm getting cairo build failure on the Mac, and even when I
specifically
use --disable-cairo-canvas in my configure line, it still gets built ?

that option only disables the cairo canvas but not other cairo using
components such as the SVG filter. if you use --disable-rsvg as well
you may be able to get a cairo-less build.

--disable-librsvg

Yes, i've spent the last few days on chasing down build issues related
to --enable-headless on linux and i'm down to three separate switches
(there is cups for sure and another package) i still need to compile
correctly. I've aready fixed two issues in master and plan to resolve
these issues in before end of week. Last famous words :)

So this are the minimum switches i need to be able to compile latest
master with --enable-headless, i don't think --without-java is needed
but i don't need java here:

./autogen.sh --without-java --enable-headless --disable-cups
--disable-graphite --disable-gnome-vfs --disable-librsvg

An update on this, i've pushed everything to master to compile with just --enable-headless on linux, something is broken at runtime though :|

I've tried the same on mac os x and it failed quite spectacularly: thousands (literally) of errors in mac os x frameworks and missing definition for sal_* types. Since at least one mac os x tinderbox was green I suppose these are problems with the headless switches i've added to build file (GUIBASE == headless) that have assumptions that the OS is UNX vs MACOSX. So looking through "git grep GUIBASE | grep headless" results these places need a fix:

- vcl/Library_vcl.mk
- desktop/Module_desktop.mk
- postprocess/packcomponents/makefile.mk

Not sure what we are doing specifically on MacOSX that can break headless. So there may be more breakage. Fun guaranteed!

So, Alex any chance you may want to experiment with this? I think it is just matter of moving headless check before the mac os x one if they are conflicting.

thanks,
riccardo