 Hi Eike,

All your comments have been processed in the code (I learned some new
things too, thank you !).
It now works fine for all possible argument values, including leaving out the
optional value for WEEKNUM and illegal arguments.

Now I will start on seeing how old-style documents are interpreted and how I
can handle that as 'smooth' as possible (unnoticeable for user, I mean).

(It may be after my holidays before you hear from again)

I have searched a bit and found some functions in sc/source/core/tool/compiler.cxx that might be
extended to convert old-style ISOWEEKNUM() use when reading old (pre ODFF1.2) documents.
Unfortunately alle these functions seem te be called too when entering a function in an existing
(open) sheet or recalculating.
It will be probably most efficient to convert only when reading a saved document.
Can you give any hint(s) as where I might put the conversion code for old-style ISOWEEKNUM() to
ODFF1.2?

Winfried