On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 03:35:11PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
1. Make sure that "CubaLibre" is not listed as the first template
   (rename it or rename any other template).

   I like it. The problem is that it is not standard because the text is
   rotated. If you start with this template, the text stays rotated even
   if you later use another background. If you start with default
   document and use this background, the text is not rotated and it
   looks ugly.

   => I think that this template is a timing bomb to produce flood of
      bug reports and bad feedback. If we want it, it should not be the
      first template at least ;-)

Renaming it might be a good idea anyway as "CubaLibre" is politically loaded
and might or might not be offensive to some. While that is ok for optional
downloadable content, for a masterpage in the core product it might be better
to stay with something more neutral. @Alex: Any suggestions for an alternative
name? I will do that adjustment then together with the removal of BrightBlue as
both need to touch the list of masterpage names.

2. We need to make sure that all templates are centered, have right size
   by default and are resized when you resize the application window.

       + most of them have zoom set to more than 100% => you see only
         part of it when opening. We should set 90% or so.

@Alex: Can you fix those up?

       + Many of them has "ZoomOnPage" flag disabled => if you resize
         the application window, the slide size stays the same. For
         example, if you make the window smaller, you suddenly see only
         part of the slide. If we enable "ZoomOnPage", the slide is
         resized to follow the application window size (usual behavior).

         I am not sure where this is set in the UI. I see it in the
         document (settings.xml):

         <config:config-item config:name="ZoomOnPage"
           config:type="boolean">false</config:config-item>

Ok, I will try to adjust those.

3. I would prefer if the title strings are set to "en_US" strings.
   It is the default language and fallback for everything. It might
   solve also the problem with Russian localization.
4. It would be great to optimize the png pictures using optipng tool. It
   safes about 10%. I could provide opimized PNGs if you want.

@Alex: Can you take care of these two too?

PS: All would be easier if we support flat ODF for templates or if we
keep them in another repo. Them we need not be that careful about
committing changes and could do changes more iteratively.

Given the cardhouse fragility of this area of code, I wouldnt want to go there
for 3.6.

Best,

Bjoern