Hi Jonathan, *,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387@gmail.com> wrote:

Seeing as Mac 10.7.4 is running make 3.81 could i be getting bitten by the
-j4 switch above?

No - the make error has different symptoms (typically segfaults or
similar) it doesn't have any impact on compiler invocation/the
compiler's error messages.

i changed my autogen back to i386 and even after running a make clean and
rerunning make i get a failure in soltools :(

http://pastebin.com/CYEANUip

As it doesn't find standard headers, I pull my default card/guess and
state that very likely whatever macports/fink/darwinports stuff you
have installed conflicts with the build.

gcc's include paths seems to be messed up. In case you did not install
macports/fink/darwinports/.....
please try reinstalling XCode / switch the default compiler to
something else and back (gcc_seƶect - at least on !0.4 / XCode 2.5)

At the very minimum try to locate the missing headers on your system.

ciao
Christian