Hi Daniel,

Daniel Naber-2 wrote

If Lightproof could use LT lexicons, that could be a temporary solution,
but maybe memory-consuming, as you would have a dictionary for spell
checking and a lexicon for grammar checking.

I have never tried that but I think the finite state machine used
internally
by LT is quite memory-friendly.

I had a look in the old LanguageTool written in Python.
It uses the library cPickle (renamed now pickle). I never used it. Resource
intensive, right ?

In the Java code, there is a fsa library...
Not sure there is the same thing in Python. Looking for something similar…

Daniel Naber-2 wrote

If we could work together more closely that would be great. As you know,
each rule in LT has an id so it can be identified. Maybe that id could be
used to keep track of similar rules.

Dominique already asked for it, but I hadn’t the time to work on Grammalecte
the last months.
I’ll try to do that.

Daniel Naber-2 wrote

Does LightProof also have integrated
test sentences? Then LT could use them to see what rules are missing in LT
and vice-versa.

No. At the moment, there is no stand-alone version of Lightproof.

Regards,
Olivier