On 09/05/12 16:48, Eike Rathke wrote:
Hi Noel,

On Tuesday, 2012-05-08 06:10:01 -0600, Noel Power wrote:

I tried with 3.4.5 and there the objects are imported to the correct row
and also survive save/reload (except that row heights are saved wrongly
also there),
oh :-/ now that is strange 'cause the problem ( xlsx import ) was
originally reported against 3.4.x, I tacked on the xls support as I saw
the same position misbehaviour in 3.5. So... it seems at least from what
you are saying that something nasty has happened with xls import post
3.4
Yup, I only tried with the .xls file that worked fine in 3.4.5

But as seen on IRC you found what's going wrong where...

I'm hesitating to push your patch because it changes behavior such that
after import it looks ok but saving messes things up so may go
unnoticed. Before at least it was clearly visible that something's wrong
;-)
hmm, not sure I totally agree, but how about just enabling this for oox
import then, I think that in all cases there is an improvement with that
right ? would that be ok?
I'm still hoping you'll find the real fix ;-)
[...]

Currently for 3.5 xlsx import I think this *is* the real fix ( or best option at least ), e.g. position the shapes absolutely using the same calculation ScDataView uses and should positively ensure that the absolute position matches where the row/col will be drawn and do this just for xlsx alone.

For master I want to be a little more adventurous in the way of getting rid of the 2/3 differently calculations of shapeposition, try eliminate the anchor/shape skew and for the import filters try to use cell anchoring where appropriate etc. If I come up with something for master we can look at the suitability of such a broader solution for 3.5 to replace the above, make sense ?

thanks
Noel