On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 09:09:34AM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@wolfpond.org> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 04:11:18PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

* tinderboxen / status (Norbert)
      + bytemark machine #2
              + working on *BSD in virtualbox with little
                joy help appreciated (Norbert)
              + need 3x BSD virtual-boxes (ideally)

I'd like to know a bit more about this item; Norbert, would you prefer real
boxes if possible ?

We do not have the resources for that.. but if you volunteer such a
box... sure, by all means...

There was some talk recently in the DragonFly BSD project about providing
test boxes for external developers; I'm collecting information in that
context.

what is needed ?
- a box that do build, preferably in reasonable time... but since
right now there are no *BSD tinderbox, anytime is more reasonable than
+inf :-)

We were thinking of Xeon E3 machines, perhaps in a mini-cluster form like
this one:
http://www.supermicro.nl/products/nfo/MicroCloud.cfm

- download the contrib/buildbot repo  :
[...]
and when the time comes, register your box there... be mindful of the
naming convention...

If boxes are finally set up, they will be DragonFly + pkgsrc packages only,
special software will have to be maintained by the developers themselves.
I won't be able to help on that front, my hands are already full integrating
LO into pkgsrc :-/

--
Francois Tigeot