Just curious: what's the big difference between rtl::OUString and
std::string ?

 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-March/028485.html
 (and
click the next message link a couple of times).

Okay. Do situations where std::string doesnt suffice happen that often,
that we need to OUString virtually everywhere ?

I imagine lots of situations where even const char* is really enough.

I doubt any compiler we use treats std::string specially, I'd expect
it's a normal class for it just like any other.

Honstly, I don't know. But I think it's certainly possible.
That would be one of the first thing I tried when I wanted to write
an good optimizing compiler.

cu