Hi Joop,

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:05:08 +0100, Joop Kiefte <ikojba@gmail.com> wrote:
So you would actually need a distinct 中开(RPC Kai) and a 台开 (ROC Kai) right?
No, I have little idea about these usage.

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe

2012/3/14 Takeshi Abe <tabe@fixedpoint.jp>

Hi Caolán,

Thank you for your comment!

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:09:19 +0000, Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com>
wrote:
It wouldn't make sense to exclude Japanese Postcard size, when we show
the rather bizarre Chinese "Kai" sizes, which despite my best efforts
(see my old docs at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DefaultPaperSize) I could never
figure out if we have the right sizes for those, or if it even makes
sense to assign them a size.
One of relevant specification on Chinese "Kai (or K)" sizes is "Standard
for
Media Standardized Names" [1] published by the Printing Working Group,
which
includes registration for names of media sizes.
It recognizes a couple of flavor of "K"s, i.e., 'PRC' [2] and 'ROC' [3].
Each of them has its own 8K/16K etc., which may explain part of the above
confusion.

[1] ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-pwgmsn10-20020226-5101.1.pdf
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe