On 02/27/2012 01:07 PM, Helmar Spangenberg wrote:
Anyway - using the older toolchain I got a working testing environment and
proceded a little bit. I have the impression that the difficulties rise
building the local context. As far as I could debug it, everything looks fine
until a UnoUrlResolver instance shall be created using the local context. That
fails - obviously when checking "the_instance.is()".

So my guess is, the created local context is incomplete.

Checking a little further, it seems that the file "uno.ini" in my actual
working directory is analyzed to set up te local context (unfortunately I do
not understand the entries in that file - any hint?); but a little bit further
down in the code my debugs signal a NULL context, so that something else is
created as local context.

I tried to find out where the ini-file is analyzed and/or the local context is
created, but I got stuck  - the code as a whole is somewhat confusing...
Is there anybody who can tell where I should seek to find the context creation
functions?

Calling defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext() (i.e., the variant without arguments) causes the code to pick up a "uno" ini file next to the cppuhelper dynamic library (see get_unorc in cppuhelper/source/bootstrap.cxx).

For the relevant entries in that ini file see "UNO Deployment Variables" in ure/source/README.

Setting up a UNO environment manually for an application is difficult and error prone. The easiest approach is to use the wrapper provided by the SDK, see <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/Transparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>.

Stephan