Hi Winfried,

On 3 February 2012 15:23, Winfried Donkers <W.Donkers@dci-electronics.nl> wrote:
Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote
So, do you think there's a chance you could implement the same behaviour for
* Background Colour in Writer
* Font Colour in Calc?

I should expect the behaviour for background color in Writer to be there already (that is, font
background colour) as I use the same control (SvxFontColorExtToolControl). Or don't I understand
you?

Writer has two background colour functions, one is "Highlight" (can
highlight single characters, words, etc. – the icon is a text marker)
and the other is "Background Colour" (changes background colour for
entire lines – icon is a page with a gradient, like in Calc). The
highlighter is already a split button, but "Background Colour" is not.

I have tried to implement the behaviour for font colour in Calc, but didn't succeed.

Sad face.

Should I receive usefull hints, I am quite willing to implement the same behaviour for font
colour too.

Happy face; though I can't help much in the area of actually implementing it.

By the way, I've actually just discovered even more buttons that would
be eligible for the split-button treatment...
* In Writer's Table toolbar, there are buttons for Background Colour
and Line Colour
* Impress/Draw's Text Formatting toolbar contains a Font Colour button
* Impress/Draw's Table toolbar also contains a Line Colour button
* there are more places but those are probably less used/important,
like the 3D-Settings toolbar(s)'s 3D Colour/Extrusion Colour
(If you're feeling overwhelmed now, I'd offer to open bugs for all of
the functions that I find, in the hope that someone, not necessarily
you, converts them later.)

Astron.