On 14/12/11 23:28, Peter Foley wrote:
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Michael Stahl wrote:

result of that is in feature/gbuild_extensions branch; ~6 libraries
already converted.

I've actually already converted extensions to gbuild. I'm attaching my
current patch which should be essentially complete, however it probably
won't build on mac.

hi Peter,

that is really great work!

i have just finished reviewing the whole thing...
because the huge size of the patch made it difficult to review, i've
split it up into smaller parts that each convert a library.
then i've committed each patch and in some cases made some small changes
(only tested on linux, hope i haven't broken more than i fixed).

the result is now pushed to feature/gbuild_extensions branch.

some things that i found especially puzzling or noteworthy:

- this is probably wrong and i wonder what is broken here:
  cui/source/dialogs/winpluginlib.cxx: #define MOZ_PLUGIN_DLL_NAME
"npsopluginmi.dll"

- there are some horrid objects from solver linked in nsplugin

- Library_pl does some weird linking of frameworks:
  i wonder why that does not use -framework

  $(eval $(call gb_Library_set_include,pl,\
        $$(INCLUDE) \

-I$(FRAMEWORKSHOME)/ApplicationServices.framework/Version/Current/Frameworks/QD.framework/Headers \

-I$(FRAMEWORKSHOME)/Carbon.framework/Versions/Current/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/Current/Headers
 \
  ))

- the spotlight plugin:
  no idea if that will actually work;
  i really hope we use the system zlib always on MacOS X, because
  the old makefile had this horrible thing in it:

# we have to change the zlib install name, otherwise the plugin will not
work
    .IF "$(SYSTEM_ZLIB)"=="NO"
    install_name_tool -change @executable_path/libz.1.dylib
@executable_path/../../../../MacOS/libz.1.dylib
$(MACOS)$/OOoSpotlightImporter
    .ENDIF

- various AllLangResTargets used add_templates, which is propbably
  unnecessary, because (unless i'm too stupid to use grep) it is only
  for when the old makefile used LOCALIZE_ME, and these didn't

- there is some modification to gbuild core to build 64bit stuff
  with MSVC; i have no idea whether that is the right way as i don't
  know anything about MSVC; this really must be reviewed by somebody
  who does...

- i have not moved hidother.src, i have no idea what it does; it is
  referenced from toolkit/src2xml/src.lst and i have no idea what isthat

again, thanks a lot Peter for tackling this giant hairball :)

please somebody let some mac and windows tinderboxes loose on this branch :)

regards,
 michael