Hi Matus & Stephan,

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 12:34 +0100, Matúš Kukan wrote:
I'm going to have a look at converting extensions to gbuild.

        Lovely :-)

But I'd like to avoid converting unused things and extensions look old.

        Sure.

I think at least source/config/ldap and source/xmlextract are not used.

        I believe you're right; IIRC the ldap thing was related to a
proprietary Sun tool to allow remote administration of networks of
OO.o's, I think we can fairly safely kill it - but Stephan is the expert
there.

Probably the rest is used and we want to build it?

        I think so; I did my own audit (results below). I think we can kill the
'stardiv' directory too - it looks unused.

        The extensions/source/logging/ thing looks horribly over-engineered -
Stephan do we still need this stuff:

        + ConsoleHandler - apparently unused outside this code
        + CsvFormatter - ditto
                + LoggerPool - only by the Java report wizard [!]
                + is that really necessary ? - can we rip/replace ?
        + FileHandler - used by smoketest/lo_smoketest.py ?
                + also by the config's DefaultHandler key
        + PlainTextFormatter - mentioned in config 'DefaultLogger' key
        => need to unwind where / when / if those keys are used.
        => unclear why we want to got this roundabout route for logging.

        Do we really need this UNO logger ? and/or what is it used for ?

        unoactivex also appears unused.

        xmlextract seems also to be unused (as you say).
                        com.sun.star.comp.io.XMLExtractor

        Beyond that the code looks used & useful.

        Does that help ? :-)

        Thanks,

                Michael.