Hi Joel,

On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 11:19 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
I've never used dnl check before, can you give me a quick tutorial or
link me somewhere?

        dnl is an m4 comment statement ;-)

Bug I'm trying to fix is this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/831305

        Fine - again; I really think that starting at OO.o 2.1.0 is a waste of
time. Certainly, you will have lots of odd trouble compiling it.

I'm installing version 2.1.0 from OOo to see if the bug still exists,
if it doesn't I'll start comparing code to see if I can find out why
it currently exists, part of compiling from source is just to get the
experience, also this way if I make a patch or an alteration I should
be able to recompile relatively easily.

        I would -really- strongly recommend building the very latest
libreoffice from git; as described here:

        http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/

        That should work out of the box (as it were); though perhaps running:

        ./g checkout libreoffice-3-5

        will give you a more reliable build.

        All the best,

                Michael.