Stephan Bergmann-2 wrote

Using pretty-printed dates would make it easier to disambiguate the
seven-letter commit ID prefixes to the complete IDs if later commits
happen to introduce IDs with the same prefix (in which case the commit
date would help narrow done in which commit range to look for the given
prefix).  (Not that the full Git IDs are unambiguous, either.  But when
they start to clash, we are fucked, anyway.)

May I argue that the Age code I propose on this topic fixes that problem?
Since it is an age, there is no chance that in the future the code will
repeat itself.

The truncated 7 letters of the SHA may happen to repeat (although the
probability is possibly very low)

Just a correction to my previous email: in ten years the core would be
4085.31260 which is easily distinguished from the current builds which are
around 414.91491

Best regards,
Pedro