On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 11:55 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
It loads the document and executes the contained BASIC code via a remote
css.frame.XComponentLoader.loadComponentFromURL/css.frame.XNotifyingDispatch.dispatchWithNotification

sequence.  Might actually also work for Python scripts.  Is a bit
cumbersome, though, as the BASIC testcode is actually XML already (see
smoketestoo_native/data/*.xml) and returning test status information is
more of a hack than anything, passing some string that the remote code
checks for being empty (and if it is not empty, it should indicate what
went wrong; but debugging in this BASCI scenario is rather a catastrophe).

        Thanks for the nice explanation.

        IMHO it is not much effort to fold that remote-control-ness into a few
lines of code inside soffice.bin itself that we could run with a test
parameter, and rid ourselves of the separate remote-control process and
make things easier to debug (modulo the basic mess ;-) at the same time.

        I guess we should add an 'easy hack' for some gdb / python goodness to
expand / annotate Basic stack frames prettily in the debugger too ;-)
[ we can but wish ].

        Regards,

                Michael.