"Lubos" == Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@suse.cz> writes:

Lubos>  As a sidenote, this gave me an interesting idea that I want to
Lubos> try somewhen.  It might be actually helpful to explicitly not
Lubos> have debug info about macros and enclose bodies of some functions
Lubos> like uno::Reference::operator->() or boost::shared_ptr stuff in
Lubos> one huge macro that'd avoid stepping through them (which I really
Lubos> hate, as it's mostly pointless).

CVS gdb has a 'skip' feature that can be used for this:

    (gdb) help skip
    Ignore a function while stepping.
    Usage: skip [FUNCTION NAME]
    If no function name is given, ignore the current function.
    [...]

Tom