Le 28/11/11 10:32, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

Hi Lionel,

I want to write up some help about the driver because I thought that
while we were waiting for the connector to be integrated, I'd put it up
as an extension on the extensions site. However, to do that, I need to
write up a little mini-help with the string connection info.

I managed to get the driver to work on my Linux 32bit installation under
Ubuntu 11.10, but it took me quite a while to establish the connection
with the required connstr parameters.

As it turns out, for a locally running pg instance, all the user has to
enter is the dbname in the URL field, so something like :

dbname='mydb'

The wizard then goes on to ask for User/PWD combo and allow you to test.

However, I have no idea how you would enter the strings for a remote db
instance, in particular, the parameter separators. Trawling around the
net and in the postgres documentation didn't get me any further, because
any of the strings I tried failed miserably with either a failed host
lookup, or else a message saying that I needed to add ='' after my colon
separators.

Could you fill me in please on the string sequence required ?

TIA,

Alex

PS : I haven't managed to build the connector on Mac OSX yet, because
configure keeps saying it can't find pq_config. I tried setting the env
var manually from the terminal, but it still refuses to see it, so I'll
end up having to edit my bash/plist file to get the path in.