Hi Markus,

On Wednesday, 2011-08-17 07:23:42 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

That was my intention. My idea was that we should create a global range name
as default and not a local range name that points to the same cell. But
after a talk to Kohei and your impression it seems that this is counter
intuitive, so I'll change it.

Yes, if one has a sheet local name and copies the sheet or parts thereof
s/he expects the same structure.

In a dbgutil build the shell displays
Error: FormulaToken::SetIndex: virtual dummy called From File
/lo/core/formula/source/core/api/token.cxx at Line 212

Can it be that a debug build does not include the dgbutil messages?

Yes, that is independent from each other.

Apparently the FormulaToken used is not a FormulaIndexToken.

Oh. I should not only override SetByte but also SetIndex. In calc all
formula tokens are derived from ScToken which is derived from FormulaToken
and not from FormulaIndexToken. I should no longer finish patchs after
learning.c

Maybe that's due to some confusion when ScToken is actually used instead
of the types provided in formula/*. The general formula/* implementation
handles everything that doesn't need to access the document model or
know about application details, ScToken derivates implement spreadsheet
specific parts that need to know about addressing and such or use Calc
data types.

Actually the new ScNameToken implemented would belong to formula/*
instead, but there is already FormulaIndexToken, which also now has
changes for local/global names, so ScNameToken is superfluous and can be
removed. ScRawToken::CreateToken() needs to be changed back to return
a FormulaIndexToken.

I think best is that I add a unit test before I push any further
modifications in this area.

Always good.

  Eike