Hi Tor, *,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist@novell.com> wrote:
I just find that "drop it because it is old" is not enough reason to
drop 10.4 support.

Yeah, I see your point.

I guess a good enough reason to drop it would be this hypothetical (but, I guess, quite possible)
situation, or something similar: Some volunteer wants to contribute code that makes LibreOffice
integrate nicely with Lion's document versioning etc. Using those features requires compiling
with the compiler from Xcode 4(.1) (even if one would look up and use the API in question
dynamically), thanks to the use of blocks
(http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Blocks/Articles/00_Introduction.html
 ) or whatever, and that compiler is not capable of compiling against the 10.4 SDK. And mixing
compilers wouldn't work either.

Yes, that would be a reason, but that also has a drawback - using
blocks requires 10.6 at least, so I don't think how likely this is.
You'll in effect drop 10.5 as well as 10.4 at the same time basically.

ciao
Christian