Hi all,

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:54:32 +0200
Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,

On 19 July 2011 01:07, Mike Eberdt
<libreme@comcast.net> wrote:
My 'dmake' fu is basically non-existent, so I haven't poked at this
seriously yet.  And as I understand it, a transition is underway to
GNU make, so I guess I've been a bit reluctant to put a lot of time
into learning the old build system.  However, I didn't notice any
info in the Developers section of the Wiki about using the new
build system, or helping with the migration, etc.  Is this
something that mere mortals can contribute to, or should I just
wait for the grand unveiling? :)

I'm really glad you wrote this. I think there is always possibility
to help. For example adding visibility marks to exported objects
should be easy, there are still some .map files to be processed.

I'm not sure but may be it's already planned to write some info
somewhere. If there are people willing to help, that's great.
Moreover, there is always possibility to learn.

I just noted my original posts about that at:
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_meet_the_new_boss
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_eyecandy_for_developers
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_how_to_migrate_a
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_how_to_setup_a
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/build_scalability1
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/building_openoffice_org_with_gnu

are all gone. If somebody find an archived version of that and puts it
on the wiki, that would be great. At least the "how to migrate a
module" post is still there at:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Module_Migration
with some additional info at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Gbuild_Bootstrapping
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Zen_of_gbuild
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort

If somebody collects all the relevant available info about gbuild and
puts it on the TDF wiki, that would be great -- I would help out with
that.

Best,

Bjoern

--