On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 09:14:02PM +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Radek DoulĂ­k wrote:
It looks like libs-gui/uui/source/services.cxx registers the component
and sets up the factory for generating the dialogs. Because it's a
component system, I'm not sure how to unplug it and/or verify how it
would be used.

the code looks dead to me as well, but I am also not sure. It was
imported in 2000 and no real changes were done to it later - I mean the
cookiedlg.cxx.

Yep, unused - for those, just follow the implementation backwards.
CookiesDialog only gets inst'ed in iahndl-cookies.cxx's
executeCookieDialog(), which turn is only called in
handleCookiesRequest_(), which only gets called from
UUIInteractionHelper::handleCookiesRequest() - and there, only if
the request has a ucb::HandleCookiesRequest set.

The catch is - this code is part of the published API (look at
offapi/com/sun/star/ucb/HandleCookiesRequest.idl), so strictly
speaking, there may be extensions out there using it (though I doubt
it, for this case).

Some related files in this directory also use OS/2-era low-level functions
and a specific implementation of file open dialogs.

So far I've not been able to find proof they are unused but the suspicion
is high.

--
Francois Tigeot