Hi Caolan, hi Sam!

Caolan, I think the proposal by Sam will work well ... and if we need a
button, then it should rather open the search toolbar.

For the next step in the "Evolution of Search" (tm) I proposed to
provide the S&R-Dialog via an "Advanced ..." button (the final naming
may differ), see:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-ux-advise/2011-June/000031.html

So, if we can improve the find bar a bit, the overall experience should
be greatly improved.

Cheers,
Christoph