On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 20:04 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
Hi Caolan, hi Sam!

Caolan, I think the proposal by Sam will work well ... and if we need a
button, then it should rather open the search toolbar.

Fair enough, so now pushed as a step in the desired direction.

For the next step in the "Evolution of Search" (tm) I proposed to
provide the S&R-Dialog via an "Advanced ..." button (the final naming
may differ), see:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-ux-advise/2011-June/000031.html

Uh huh, yeah, so hopefully e.g. Samuel could tweak the default find
toolbar settings to enable the find&replace button which is available
for it, but disabled by default as a first step towards that anyway.
Prefilling it with the contents of the find bar might be a little bit
trickier, but sounds very well worth having a shot.

C.