On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:22:16 +0200, Thorsten Behrens <thb@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Marco wrote:
(2) I see that the Export Dialog has a "Selection" check box.
I guess that its role is to let the user choose if he/she wants
to export the whole presentation or only the selected slides.
However I don't know yet, if/how the state of such check box is
passed to the svg export filter, and in case it isn't, how to get
that state.

That should be the "SelectionOnly" property - e.g. look into
svtools/source/filter/SvFilterOptionsDialog.cxx - then again, that
so far has the rather different semantics of exporting the selection
_on a slide_.

Ah so my guess was wrong. Anyhow I think that for a presentation the
usual semantic is not so useful.
In any case I want to point out that when the export of a subset of
slides will work for the Left Impress Pane too, there will not be
anymore the possibility to utilize the "empty selection" case to
export all slides because at least one slide will be always selected
in the Left Impress Pane (that is the one showed).
Obviously we can always select all slides.

skip

A side issue, while I was making some test I noticed that the
following code produced some unexpected result:

OUString s1 = xObj1->getName();
OUString s2 = xObj2->getName();

const char* ps1
        = OUStringToOString( s1, RTL_TEXTENCODING_UTF8 ).getStr();
const char* ps2
        = OUStringToOString( s2, RTL_TEXTENCODING_UTF8 ).getStr();

OSL_TRACE( "s1= '%s'", ps1);
OSL_TRACE( "s2= '%s'", ps2);

From some code similar to the fragment above, and put inside
a for loop, come out that the char const* pointer doesn't point
to what it should. Is it normal that creating some new instance of
a OUString invalidate the exported pointers to the internal
data ? I am used to std container where an iterator is invalidated
in some circumstances but only if you modify the container.

Yes, this is to be expected - note that you create two temporaries,
via "OUStringToOString( sN, RTL_TEXTENCODING_UTF8 )", retrieve some
internal parts from it - and then those temporaries go out of scope
again.

Ah you are right! My fault!

Cheers,
   Marco