Marco wrote:
So the best compromise looks the XPropertySet interface.
A minimal implementation could be enough.
What do you think of the following one :

I like minimal things that work. :)

I would like to implemement some code to handle variable text
fields like page numbers and dates, but there is two issue:
1) text is exported by tspan svg tags where it is set up
the position of each character;
2) it looks that only used character glyphs are available,
so I could have the glyph for "1" but not the glyph for "2"
or I could have all glyphs for write "June 15, 2011" but not
for "July 7, 2011" and so on.

There's not much you can do here - either write out canned versions
of those fields in your (normal) slide export, or switch the whole
text rendering away from individual glyph positioning. Everything
else will suck sooner or later.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten