On Mon, 23 May 2011 06:39:52 -0600
"Tor Lillqvist" <tlillqvist@novell.com>
wrote:

Well, the policy, at least as some of us (me included) have
understood it, was that the development branch gets merged into
master regularly, so no need to commit fixes to both. But yeah, it
does now seem safer to commit to both the development branch and
master, to avoid exactly this kind of situation.

Always commit to master, cherrypick to release, to be precise. Usually
you would need to have reviews for release anyway, so pushing to master
spares you the patch generation, as you can just post a link.

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen